In today’s highly competitive environment Oxford and Cambridge universities are seeking academically successful, passionate, well-rounded candidates – that’s why CATS offers a range of activities to ensure that you are well prepared and your application stands out.
CATS’ Key Professions Oxbridge preparation is designed to stretch your passion and commitment to your subject, while also offering additional support and advice.
- One-to-one preparation for university interviews including intensive Admissions mock interviews
- Improvement of leadership, critical thinking, motivation and management skills
- Preparation for university entrance exams
- Oxbridge-focused tuition to ensure offers are achieved
- Assistance with writing personal statements tailored for Oxbridge
- Seminars and workshops with Admissions Tutors, Masters and Dons from Oxford and Cambridge on what they look for in an application and how to prepare for interview
- Stretch activities ranging from Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Olympiad challenges, Excelsis Awards, Leadership awards and challenges, and weekly debating clubs
- Oxbridge University open days and tours
The University of Cambridge receives on average five applications per place.
The University of Oxford received 18,000 applications for 3,200 places in 2015–16.
There has been a 47% increase in undergraduate applications to the University of Oxford in the last 10 years.
The Universities of Oxford and Cambridge are both ranked in the top 5 best universities in the world. (Times Higher Education)
Oxbridge: a blended word referring to the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge in the UK