A CAREER IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
BE A PROGRAMMER, DEVELOPER, ANALYST
Computer technologies are more important then ever in a digital world, this makes a degree in Computer Science an attractive choice. Also, studying Computer Science will give you many technical skills highly valued by employers, from understanding code to programming and problem solving.
Develop your skills
Problem-solving | Critical thinking | Analysis | Numeracy | Communication
Research your career
Careers in Computer Science are wide and varied. Attend seminars and workshops with industry experts to discover the area of Computer Science that is right for you. Typical careers:
- Big Data Engineer
- Blockchain Developer
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Data Security Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Systems Architect
Our Higher Education Advisers will help you find the perfect degree course for you. Typical degrees:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Games Programming
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Software Engineering
Plan your route
Choose your subjects
Universities do not require a Computer Science qualification for entry, but Mathematics is essential, and Physics often preferred, as well as other subjects that display clear and logical thinking or a social science for some courses. We offer:
Develop your skills
Applying to university
- Receive one-to-one advice on applying to university.
- Enjoy lectures at top universities, such as LSE and CASS Business School.
- Attend seminars and workshops to discover your passion for Computer Science.
- Visit places of interest such as the Cambridge Museum of Computing or Bletchley Park – the home of UK code-breaking.
- Participate in Young Enterprise to develop your problem-solving skills.
- Participate in Robotics Club and Coding Club to develop your knowledge outside of the classroom.
||University of St Andrews
|Tran Gia An
||Fast-track A level
||University of Exeter
||University of Bristol
||Computer Science and Electronics
||The University of Edinburgh
||Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
||University of Manchester
||University of Liverpool
||Computer Science with Software Development
||Queen Mary University of London
||Computer Science and Mathematics
PROGRESS TO STUDY COMPUTER SCIENCE
Take advantage of guaranteed progression* to the University of Exeter, consistently ranked in the top 15 for Computer Science in the UK.
*Subject to meeting entry requirements
“BEING INVOLVED IN ROBOTICS HELPED ME GET EXTRACURRICULAR EXPERIENCE. IT GAVE ME AN OUTLET”Vaibhav from Belgium progressed to study Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Glasgow