Bloomberg Business Lab
In September 2018, CATS College London launches its state-of-the-art Bloomberg Business Lab with 16 Bloomberg terminals and four screens displaying the latest finance news and global share price information.
The only school in Europe with this facility, CATS College London has designed a curriculum integrating the terminals to its teaching, exposing you to the world’s leading platform for global business and finance news, data, analytical tools and research.
Experience the real-world of business and finance in the classroom with access to the same information platform used by leading decision makers in business, finance and government.
What does a Bloomberg Terminal® Offer?
The Bloomberg Terminal® seamlessly integrates the very best in data, news and analytics. The terminal is a 24-hour, global financial services system that provides transparent and reliable financial, economic and government information covering all market sectors. It features company financials, market data spanning more than 20 years, charts, statistics, a communications platform and current news reports.
Benefits of the Bloomberg Business Lab
- Boost your competitiveness for university and the job market by developing hands-on knowledge and real-world experience.
- Understand the techniques employed by traders and investors to maximise returns through simulated trading and investment projects.
- Deepen your research and classwork, while learning how to analyse financial markets, assess economic scenarios and interpret the key news developments that impact the global economy.
Get Bloomberg certified
Boost your personal statements for university application with a Bloomberg certificate. Regardless of your course, you have access to Bloomberg Market Concepts, an eight-hour, self-paced e-learning course that provides an interactive introduction to the financial markets and features over 70 Bloomberg Terminal functions.
Learn about different aspects of commerce and what it is like to work in a range of professions through masterclasses delivered by professionals, business leaders and entrepreneurs - either on campus or at businesses in London.
- A talk and demonstration from an entrepreneur of a tech start-up.
- A visit to the Bank of England to learn about currency and the financial markets.
- A workshop by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales on commercial awareness.
- A visit to private equity firm Bridgepoint where you will learn about finance in the City of London.
- A seminar on the charity sector from the United World Schools charity, which provides free education to children living in remote and marginalised communities.
Develop the skills that are useful at university and in business such as teamwork, leadership and time management by entering national business competitions. These are a great way for you to improve your personal statement which forms part of a university application. These activities will be led by a business tutor.
Challenges and competitions to include:
- Bank of England Video Challenge: You will develop your teamworking and creativity skills by producing an engaging video on a specific business-related theme.
- Young Enterprise: You will develop your teamwork, communication and business skills by learning how to start up and run a business on a budget.
- Royal Economic Society Essay Competition: You will have the opportunity to exhibit subject expertise by entering a national essay writing competition which focuses on wider economic conditions and challenges.
- National Business and Accounting Competition: You will develop key employability skills and understand what it’s like to be a Chartered Accountant.
In regular one-to-one tutorials, receive advice on all aspects of applying to university to study business. This includes intensive UCAS application support, interview preparation and mock interviews. We also offer advice on next steps and help you review your offers.
Our students have gone on to some of the UK's top universities for business including:
- Durham University
- Warwick University
- Leeds University
- University College London
- London School of Economics
- University of Bath
Workshops on applying to university
Our programme of workshops help prepare your university application.
- Choosing your perfect university
- Writing a winning personal statement
- What skills you need to be a top graduate
University lecture series
Enjoy regular visits to and from universities. Participate in lectures, talk with current undergraduates and meet with admissions tutors. This provides you with an understanding of the demands of a business degree.
Example lectures include:
- An introduction to Finance, London School of Economics
- Finance and Investment Risk, CASS Business School of Economics
- Taster lecture: Finance and Management Studies, SOAS University
- Innovation and disruptive change, HULT University
- Marketing strategies, Brunel University