Music, Dance & Theatre
The main venues for music, dance, theatre and comedy in Canterbury are:
These venues are host to internationally renowned music acts, dance groups and plays as well as student productions – and cover a huge range of genres throughout the year.
Art & Museums
Canterbury is home to some of the world’s most prestigious art, amazing stories from history and budding creators of the future:
The city of Canterbury has a long and interesting history, being home to a world famous cathedral and a UNESCO Heritage Site:
- St Martin’s Church is the oldest church still used as a place of worship in the English-speaking world
- Canterbury Cathedral is one of the most impressive and well-known places of worship in the world
- Canterbury Norman Castle is one of the most ancient in Britain and was built by William the Conqueror – and you can still climb up some parts of it
- The River Stour flows through the heart of the city and is popular with both tourists and locals – companies like Canterbury Historic River Tours or Canterbury Punting Co will allow you to hire a boat or go on a chauffeured tour
- Westgate parks provide a beautiful, quiet rest from the busy city – and is the perfect place for a picnic.