Unlike many other countries where admission is based primarily on standardized test scores, U.S. universities and colleges take into account everything about a student, not just academics.
Colleges want to build talented and diverse student communities filled with well-rounded students. Our program reflects this and focuses as much on developing well-rounded individuals as it does on grades and exams.
We also aim to guide students through the unpredictable and complicated U.S. admissions process. We work with students to make sure they find the right degree program at the right university or college — and then devise a strategy for gaining admission. With this in mind, we arrange college visits throughout the year, numerous workshops, and one-to-one counseling sessions.
You can expect to:
- attend university or college application workshops
- complete standardized test preparation for Grade 11 and 12 with feedback
- visit individual colleges or large student fairs
- receive up to 5 hours college counseling per week.
- attend individual and personal essay workshops
- attend seminars with visiting representatives from a wide range of universities and colleges throughout each year
- receive help and guidance on choosing the best subject and university, depending on individual student interests
Our college counsellors:
- have extensive experience of working in university and college admissions, with first-hand understanding of how universities and college assess applications
- give extensive support if you apply to the most selective universities or colleges or seek careers in competitive areas
- offer extended college counseling hours throughout the year and after school College Counseling Club to support you through every step of the university or college admission process