STEM and English Programme
Innovation and Conversation
Who is this programme for?
For students who are interested in how science, technology, engineering and mathematics can be used creatively to solve problems. Students combine STEM with English to improve their accuracy and fluency in an engaging environment.
Develop the skills you need to be a world-class STEM professional. Think critically and work in teams to find solutions to real-world problems.
Your English tuition will be provided by Stafford House.
What will you achieve?
- develop practical and functional English skills
- understand how STEM solves real-life problems
- demonstrate your skills in a supportive environment
- improve your ability to work as part of a team.
|Language level requirements
||IELTS 4.0 or equivalent
|Maximum class size
Through STEM projects you will develop skills and build the confidence to express yourself in a fun and creative environment. You will also take part in daily English tuition plus after-school and weekend excursions to experience the local area.
- Combustion: practical activities exploring energy from combustive fuels
- Power: practical activities exploring energy generation in space and even on planets
- Rockets: build your own model rocket for launch
- Chemical Energy: investigate chemical reactions, testing a variety of different chemicals
- Use LEGO robotics to build, code, and adapt a robot to complete a series of challenges
- Coding: learn about codes, ciphers and how to make and break them
- Space travel: learn about the 'Space Race' and develop an idea of some of the political, scientific, and historical decisions made to enable humanity to reach for the stars
Sample English Lessons
- Improve confidence and fluency through reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar and vocabulary
- Visit the National Space Academy: take a physics masterclass filled with interactive demonstrations and practical activities
- Ten-pin bowling
- Computer History Museum: this visit involves hands-on exhibitions, educational workshops and a wide range of activities and events
*Timetables are subject to change. We reserve the right to change these schedules with out prior notice.