Bloomberg Business Advantage
Who is this programme for?
For students with a keen interest in business, finance and economics wanting to develop their business awareness, skills and experience.
Throughout the course, you will work on a research project to develop essential skills needed to go on to study business at a higher level.
You will analyse the latest economic and business trends using a Bloomberg Terminal – the tool of choice of international investors and traders. You will visit leading London companies and be inspired to develop your own ideas and start your career.
What will you achieve?
- use the Bloomberg Terminals to complete a business research project and present your findings to a panel of judges
- create a personal statement for application to a business school
- develop academic skills such as critical thinking, essay writing and research methodologies
- develop essential life skills such as confidence, public speaking, leadership and teamwork
|Language level requirements
||IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
|Average class size
Benefit from career-specific lessons which will give real insight into what it takes to succeed in law, business and finance. Learn practical knowledge through interactive workshops, attend lectures on career choices, perfect your university application and visit law institutions, financial centres and local businesses to consolidate your learning.
- What is it like to study a Business, Finance or Economics degree at university?
- Marketing strategies and the impact of economic changes
- Financial stability of a firm and Human resource management
- Introduction to using a Bloomberg Terminal
- How to plan a research project
- How to write a personal statement for university
- Presentation skills: How to present your research project
- What skills do you need to excel in Business?
- The external environment
- The Marketing Mix
- Business ethics
- The importance of cash flow to a business
- Innovation strategies
- Human resource management
- Visit the Bank of England
- Tour the Bloomberg Headquarters
- A trip to the British Museum
- A campus tour of King• London City Treasure hunt
- Learn to be a city trader with a visit to the trading floor of the London Stock Exchange
- Shopping at the Westfield Centre
- Campus tour of University College London, Hult Business School and Newcastle University's College London, CASS Business School and Regent's University
*Timetables are subject to change. We reserve the right to change these schedules with out prior notice.