UK Education Taster Programme
Who is this programme for?
Experience what it’s like to learn in the British education system to help you prepare for your university pathway programme - A level, International Baccalaureate or University Foundation Programme.
What will you achieve?
- better understand the UK education system
- experience a wide range of subjects to help you make the right subject choice
- improve your critical thinking skills
- be introduced to the UK university application process
- visit some of the most prestigious UK universities
- have more knowledge of routes to university in the UK.
|Language level requirements
||IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
|Maximum class size
You will get an introduction to the UK education system through a variety of practical lessons in a range of subjects. You will also take part in after school and weekend excursions to get a taster of English culture.
- How to choose the right course: differences between A level, International Baccalaureate and University Foundation Programme
- What makes Britain British? Explore the UK through history and culture
- Theory of Knowledge: preparing for the International Baccalaureate
- How to think critically
- What do you need to do to progress to a UK university?
- How to write a personal statement
- Preparing for the Oxbridge interview
- Drama in practice: improve your confidence and use your voice
- How to train your brain to work smarter
- An introduction to UCAS: the universities and colleges admissions service
- Mock interviews
- Business & Tourism: enterprise, capital and labour
- Media Studies
- English Literature
- Physics: learn about heat, light, sound and electricity through experiments and investigations
- Psychology: study the human mind and how we behave
- A trip to a typical British seaside town
- A trip to the cinema
- Basketball tournament
- A trip to Windsor Castle
- Volleyball tournament
- A shopping trip to Bluewater, one of the largest retail parks in the UK
- Ten-pin bowling
*Timetables are subject to change. We reserve the right to change these schedules with out prior notice.