Language and subject preparation for the next stage of your education at CATS – GCSE or Pre-programme.
Who is this programme for?
GCSE Preparation will help you develop the academic skills needed to excel in the next stage of your education at CATS, whether that be a GCSE or Preprogramme course.
Over the course of the year, you will study a range of subjects encouraging you to explore your academic potential and discover where your interests lie. Alongside your specialist subjects, you will receive intensive English tuition to develop the level you need to move to the next programme of study.
What you will achieve:
- take the Key English Test (KET) or Preliminary English Test (PET) Cambridge English
- exam at the end of the course
- be able to progress to study at a higher level such as GCSEs in a range of subjects
- have learned about a range of subjects in English
- have developed essential study skills: listening, note-taking, essay and report writing
- have developed essential life skills: e.g. time management, confidence, independence
- Study a range of subjects in English, including Sciences, Humanities and Business
- Receive intensive English tuition. Our integrated classes cover reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar and vocabulary
- Prepare for a Cambridge English qualification
- Experience life at an international school with access to a broad range of extra-curricular activities, sports and trips that will give you the edge when it comes to applying to university
- Receive a range of homework tasks
- Receive regular one-to-one coaching on future study pathways
||14 - 16
|Academic entry requirements
||At least 8 years of schooling, plus a school report
|Language level requirements
||Minimum IELTS 3.5
|Average class size
|Hours per week
||26 - 27
Find out more about
“The English support is useful if you’re not really confident yet. I just got a 6.5 in IELTS, enough for my universities. I’m very grateful to my English teachers, they’re very patient!”
Taibin from China
- University Foundation Programme academic results AAB
- progressed to study Management at the University of Manchester