You will find CATS Cambridge a stimulating and challenging environment. It is a college, not a school. The structures are designed to create a relaxed and informal atmosphere. Because of this, you are required to accept considerable responsibility and exhibit a mature attitude to all things.
During Induction we will explain all the rules to you in detail, but here are some important ones to remember:
- You must go to all lessons.
- You must also take any tests and examinations required. If you need to miss a lesson or part of a lesson, you must have the permission of your subject teacher.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive in time for the beginning of term, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- You must do any work set by your teachers. Work should be done on time, and as best as you can. If you cannot do work on time, you must talk to the relevant subject teacher. They will want to know why the work has not been done. It may be possible to agree a new date for the work to be completed by.
Under UK law CATS Cambridge is a smoke free campus, this includes E-Cigarettes. Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas.
Smoking is also illegal in the UK if you are under 16. It is also illegal for any person under the age of 18 to purchase cigarettes in the UK and is an offence to buy or sell cigarettes or alcohol to anyone under 18.
Drugs and substance misuse
- UK law forbids the use and/or supply of illegal substances. We have a duty to inform and educate all students concerning the consequences of the use of illegal substances and alcohol abuse.
- We acknowledge the importance of our guidance role concerning the welfare of students, and will always endeavour to encourage those in need of help to come forward. We will provide help to identify sources of appropriate personal support and increase understanding of related health and social issues.
- We will ensure that parents/guardians are informed and involved as appropriate.
- Drugs are not allowed under any circumstances. The Principal may expel or suspend anyone caught in possession of, or having taken drugs, allowing you to return only under strict conditions.
These may include:
- Participating in drug counselling and education programmes as deemed appropriate by the College. Costs may be incurred for this.
- Regular drug testing, with any positive result almost certainly resulting in immediate permanent exclusion.
When you are studying with us, you will be subject to both UK law as well as the College rules with regards to smoking, illegal substances, weapons and age of consent.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to CATS Cambridge. We hope that you will soon become part of our College community and make a success of your studies.
Our ethos that we encourage all students at CATS Cambridge to live by is:
- TURN UP
- TRY HARD
- BE KIND