The UFA is a national education charity committed to enriching and extending learning for young people aged 5 to 25.
It aims to raise young people's aspirations and achievements by improving confidence
and self-belief through exciting and memorable educational experiences.
Young people are supported through the UFA to become role models and leaders who develop and lead learning opportunities for others in their communities.
- Open to students in positions of leadership within the school e.g. student council
- Students develop their leadership qualities and learn how to manage / motivate themselves and others
Canterbury offers over 100 different activities run with students’ needs and aspirations in mind and are co-ordinated with student leaders from each House.
Our dedicated Activities Team works to develop and run events throughout the year, including cultural evenings and weekend trips. The range of events and activities on offer enables students to discover their talents, ignite new passions, have fun and enhance skills as well as making new friends.
Download the CATS Canterbury Baccalaureate booklet
CATS Clubs are run with students’ needs and aspirations in mind, and vary from leadership awards to Olympiad challenges, from the debating society to special cultural evenings from around the globe. Our Clubs build on students’ existing skills as well as nurturing new interests.
We aim to enrich our students and encourage them to develop their own opinions whilst having fun – with a lot of students developing their ability to take the lead through leadership awards, debating societies, Young Enterprise and many more clubs.
Our sports programme keeps students active and healthy, whilst enhancing their social and team building skills, and sometimes winning awards or competitions! The sports on offer vary between college and cater to all interests – from horse riding and basketball to table tennis and yoga.
The Student Council is chosen by our students, encouraging everyone to have a voice. Suggestion boxes encourage new ideas for future events and ensure that all our students know that their opinion can be heard.
CATS Canterbury Student Ambassadors are engaged in all aspects of College life from creating yearbooks to participating in school, national and international conferences.
Duke of Edinburgh's Award Certificate
Today's students need to stand out from the crowd to achieve the best university places. We offer the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Certificate to provide additional credit / UCAS points, and exciting personal development opportunities.
The award broadens skills and abilities beyond pure academics, which is highly sought after by universities.
- Open to all students
- Students take part in a number of fun activities that benefit the community as well as challenging them physically
- Students have the opportunity to go on an adventure as part of a team
- On completion, students achieve a nationally recognised and highly regarded award certificate
Extra credit / UCAS points at Canterbury
- Available on an invite-only basis for highly motivated / Gifted & Talented students
- Gives you 70 extra UCAS points! (equivalent to an AS level at A+)
- Helps students achieve higher results and be more attractive to Universities and employers
- Students take part in a number of activities related to communication, working with others, improving academic performance and problem solving
Sports activities and clubs:
Activities and clubs:
Leadership activities and awards:
- Elite sports coaching
- Martial arts
- Table tennis
- Art portfolio
- College magazine and yearbook
- Debating societies
- Horse riding
- Leadership awards
- Young Dragons Business Club
- Young Enterprise
- United Nations delegation in New York
- Student ambassadors
- Excelsis Award
- Language Leadership Awards
- Sports Leadership Awards
- Maths Leadership Awards
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
- CATS Canterbury Global Leaders Award (worth 70 UCAS points)
- Boarding Schools Award
- Head of houses/student council